Thursday 19 March 2015

A NEW LIFE


Source: Housing.com

Sitting in a car, I observed the surroundings; a young couple enjoying their ice creams, a happy family moving parallel to me with a bike, a cute girl holding her mama’s hand to cross the road and some people screaming on footpath to sell their wares. I could see the clear examples of happiness, hope, love, trust, sorrow. The red light glow and the timer of traffic started to count down. I closed my eyes and a thousand flashes from my past played in my mind.

Four years before my parents decided to select a suitable groom for me out of many proposals that came for me, but I already had someone in my heart. So I had to reveal my relationship status in front of my parents. After so much denial they finally agreed with my choice and they called him for a meeting.

My parents seemed to impress after meeting him and processed further the marriage proposal. Our engagement was done in a grand way; we took the blessings from elders and heard our friend’s banters. The moment was captured in thousand clicks. When everything was picture perfect, life played a nasty game with me. The news broke me and shattered my dreams of a happy and blessed married life.

He was no more; I lost him in a dreadful accident. I was too shocked to react something, the truth was bitter and I was in no condition to accept it. I closed myself in a room for a whole week. My relatives and friends showered their sorrows and sympathies for me. I was lost in my void thoughts, when something inspired me to move forward in my life.

Then I decided to leave the misery, grief and move forward in my life. I shared my thoughts with my parents and they supported me. I decided to study further and complete my master degree. Papa used to tell me,‘The deep past should be buried; if you always look back at your past, then you can’t start a new chapter named ‘present’ of your life.’

I changed the place to leave behind the negative atmosphere and settled in another city closed to my university. I found my optimism in the motivations and lessons of life. I started my new life with lots of enthusiasm. I made new friends, gave focus on my studies and learned how to be on my own. I had never been apart from my parents. I was too much dependable on them.  At first I felt difficult, but eventually coped with the surroundings. I had successfully completed my master’s degree and got placed in a multinational company. My parents shined with pride and joy for my success.  

The sound of horns brought me back from my thoughts and I restarted my car to move further.     

This story is inspired from Housing.com(https://housing.com/.) ,#StartANewLife. and watch the video 
   


I agree to ensure (to the best of my abilities and circumstances) that this blog post remains accessible in an un-altered state for a minimum of one year.

Thanks for stopping by...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...